Cardinal Oswald Gracias
I read with amusement the forward sent to me about the constitution by you of a Grievance Redressal Forum. My questions are
- Will the Justice and Peace Cell be disbanded?
- Will the Catholic Lawyers Guild Mumbai which was inaugurated at Archbishops House be disbanded?
- Will these people who are appointed by you have the will to take on the Church administration or you in case of a wrong?
- Can persons who use a free office given to them by the Church take a decision against the Church administration or you ?
- Can persons who have taken a vow of obedience take a decision against the Church administration or you?
- Can a person who was your advocate take a decision against the Church administration or you?
- Can a person who you pay salary take a decision against the Church administration or you?
- Can persons who are closely associated with you be on such a panel ? Will it not amount to conflict of interest?
- Bombay Catholic Sabha has booked an office on the plot designated as a garden in the municipal plans of 1993 of Marinagar Mahim and shown to us/ flat purchasers as amenities at the time of flat purchase.Hence any person who is a committee member of Bombay Catholic Sabha should never be on the grievance committee as the same amounts to conflict of interest.
- I had written to you about the Marinagar problem in 2008. I had written to the Bombay Catholic Sabha as well. I had met Justice Aguiar as well .None of you’ll have got back to me. I spent thousands of rupees giving you’ll coloured plans and documents.
- Now you want the laity to pay Rs. 500 for lodging a complaint . Are the Sunday Collections sent to Archbishops House not enough?
- Start showing us what has been done with our Sunday Collections.
- It is a shame when I read a judgement given by your so called experts in Canon Law where the petitioner who applied for an annulment was granted one as there was an error on his part. Does the same now amount to rewarding a person for his wrong done to a woman?