An indefinite fast is going on presently at Mount Mary fast. The fast has been undertaken against corruption in the Church.
Mr. Roopesh Gomes and Mr. Savio Miranda are on fast from Sunday 3rd, 2016. Yesterday when the doctor checked them at night both of them had high blood pressure and both are diabetics.
Yesterday Mr. Valerian Fernandes has also joined the fast.
A number of persons will also be fasting on from 7th April onwards.
The uniformed Police along with their vehicles entered the Church Premises and forcefully removed Mr. Roopesh Gomes and Mr.George Miranda from the spot where they were fasting at 12 midnight yesterday.
List of Demands/ Wrongdoings
We the Catholic residence of Mumbai are on fast from Sunday, 3rd of April from 9am onwards inside the premises of Mount Mary’s church Bandra to bring about cleansing in the administration of the church affair of the Archdiocese of Mumbai.
We as Catholic are ashamed of what has happened and our inability to bring about the change in the affairs of the church.Some of the wrong doing under the Archdiocese are as under,
- Canon law thrown to the winds as per the said law priest should retire form administrative functions when they turn 75 years, however Fr. Nerus Rodrigues who is over 93 years and Fr. Simon Burges who is over 75 years continue to function as sole trustees. Why are other Priest not allowed?
- No tenders called when contract are given to the chosen one of the sole trustees. Donations are handled by the chosen one who takes its home.
- No Public auction of Gold and silver ornaments given to our lady unlike LAL BAUG GANPATHI where all Gold ornaments are auctioned publically.
- No Public auction of Sarees including Sarees containing gold given as donation to OUR LADY.
- Every year the road is closed for pilgrims coming from Bandstand for reason which is obvious.
- Church Stalls are been allotted to the family/friends of the Chosen once.
- Catholic is deliberately not given church stalls for obvious reasons.
- Michaels Church Mahim not giving conveyance to 157 Catholic families/ flat purchasers for than 12 years, which is a Statutory obligation as per Maharashtra Ownership Flat Act.
- St Michael’s Church Mahim having resold the gardens, which are the amenities of the flat purchasers.
- Michael’s Church Mahim being a silent spectator in the forgery in Marie Nagar, Mahim of 1,00,000 sq feet and not willing to support the truth and lodge an FIR.
- Not clearing the name a Lady Trustee in Dadar who was falsely framed despite the Cardinal giving instructions to do so after verifying facts.
- Not giving houses to 4 persons dishoused in Vakola, Santacruz due to direct action of the Church.
- Not taking action against illegal trespassers of the church owned flats in Santacruz for obvious reasons.
- No accounts given for the Sunday collection to Archdiocese Bishop house.
- Holy family hospitals not following FDA rules and forcing patients to purchase medicines from their inhouse medical store.
- Nirmala colony at the foot of Mount Mary steps at Bandra, consisting of 11,200 sq yards (approx. 1,10,000 sq feet ) on 2 survey numbers having 7 building with over 200 flats sold to flat owners on ownership basis just on POSTCARD and not having any sale deed agreement, neither registered nor stamp duty paid and no Conveyance done. The above building was handed over on 98 years lease to the Salsette Catholic co-operative housing society Bandra.