A fast along with prayers has been organised on 03rd April 2016 from 9 am onwards outside Mount Marys Church Bandra- Door of Mercy to bring about cleansing in the administration of the Church affairs. We as catholics are ashamed of what has happened and our inability to bring about change in the affairs.
Some of the wrongdoings in the Archdiocese are
- Canon Law thrown to the winds.As per the said law Priests retire from Administrative functions when they turn 75 years however Fr. Nerus Rodrigues who is over 93 years and Fr. Simon Borges who is over 75 continue to function as Sole Trustees. Why are other priests not allowed??? Why are other priests not given this privledge?
- No tenders called when contracts are given to the chosen ones of the Sole Trustees. Donations are handled by the chosen one who takes it home to get the money counted .
- No public auction of gold and silver ornaments given to Our Lady unlike Lalbaug Ganpati where all gold ornaments are auctioned publicly.
- No public auction of sarees including sarees containing gold zari given as donations to Our Lady.
- Every year the road is closed for pilgrims coming from Bandstand for reasons which are obvious.Has the Church become commercial?
- Church Stalls are being allotted to the family / friends of the chosen ones.
- Catholics are deliberately not given Church stalls for obvious reasons.
- St. Micheals Church Mahim not giving conveyance to two societys having 157 catholic families/ flat purchasers for more than 12 years which is a statutory obligation as per Maharashtra Ownership Flats Act and also a penal offence.
- St. Micheals Church Mahim having resold the gardens which are the amenities of the Flat Purchasers and for which they have paid.
- St.Micheals Church Mahim being a silent spectator in the forgery in Marinagar of 1,00,000 sq. feet and not willing to support the truth and lodge an FIR. A classic case of “Truth does not prevail”.
- Not clearing the name of a lady trustee in Dadar who was falsely framed despite the Cardinal giving instructions to do so after verifying facts.
- Not giving houses to the four persons dishoused in Vakola due to the direct actions of the Church.
- Not taking action against illegal trespassers of the Church owned flats in Santacruz for obvious reasons.
- No accounts given for the Sunday collections given to Archbishops House.
- Till today the hall of 11500 sq feet having a separate terrace and entrance and 26 flats ( 14 of Gloriossa- bldg built in 2004 and 12 of Ave Maria ) still not given and no action taken.
Ezekiel Ch.3 verses 16-20 states that when we see a wrong it is our duty to bring the wrong to the persons notice or else the said wrong will be on us.
Come One, Come All and support the truth otherwise Mumbai will only have Churches and the Catholics will be in Palghar and Karjat. Act today tommorrow may be late.