The Pope said on Maundy Thursday , 24th March 2016 that ” there were two distinct gestures in the day’s Gospel: Jesus serving and washing the feet of his disciples and Judas receiving money by Jesus’ enemies to betray him”
Now tell me the following gestures fall into which category service or betrayal.
- Selling land in Vakola despite the Charity Commissioners sanction having expired.
- Reselling gardens in Marinagar Mahim which were sold as amenities to flat purchasers.
- Being a silent spectator to the forgeries in Marinagar despite the same being brought to the notice of the Church.
- Selling donated land in Thane without informing the Charity Commissioner about it.
- Giving free flats/offices to advocates.
- Suppressing information in a letter which was given to the court by Fr. Dominic Savio Fernandes, now Bishop in the Vakola Case.
- Not giving of conveyance within 4 months of society formation to two catholic societies despite more than 12 years having elapsed which is totally contrary to the Maharashtra Ownership Flats Act.
- Selling of flats meant for Catholics to Non Catholics .
- Allowing the builder to sell 14 flats belonging to the Church without any collateral in Dadar.
- Not following Canon Law with regard to the age of retirement in Mumbai which has been laid down by the Popes.
- The list can go on and on.Even if your whole body is washed not with ordinary water but with distilled water still you will be unclean. In my opinion these acts are comparable to “Judas receiving money by Jesus’ enemies to betray him”