Our Demands from the Archdiocese of Bombay
- Sole Trustee ship shall be abolished within 3 months from today in keeping with the Bombay High Court Judgement.We demand all priests attached to any parish be made co- trustees.Minimum 5 persons who are priests. If not available then neighbourhood priests to be made trustees.
- A white paper shall be brought out of all the propeties owned by the Church since the year 1947 till date parish wise and an account be given of all the money received from such sales.
- All properties owned by the Church to be developed for the benefit of practising Roman Catholics. Agreements should be drafted in such a way that subsequent flat sales should also be to practising Roman Catholics and the Church should approve all such sales and subsequent sales by charging a maximum premium of upto Rs.10,000/-.Properties can only be sold after advertisements are put in the Examiner, Archdoiocese/Church Website, ,Local Church notice board, Local Church monthly newspaper/handout/bulletin.
- Fetes/ Soveniurs be released to pay wages of ABE Teachers who may have not been paid wages/arrears and all co-operation given to them to raise such funds and they should be treated with respect.
5.All letters which have a contrary view shall also be published in the Examiner .
- Properties which are willed by individuals , be willed only to the Archdiocese of Bombay and not in the name of any individual priest. Prominent advertisements shall be carried out regularly in the Examiner/ all church-archdiocese websites/ handouts/ bulletins with regard to these wills and that there is no impediment in willing property to the Archdiocese of Bombay.
7.Accounts be given of the two Sunday collections sent to Archbishops House.
- The Archdiocese Finance Committee to be fully revamped.
Association of Concerned Catholics
CROSS – Bandra
Maharshtra Christian Youth Forum
Wake Up Bandra
Mr. Anil Joseph
Mr. Neil Pereira and other like minded groups/persons.