Mumbai : 15th July, 2013 : Community groups AOCC,MCYF,CSF supported the local people since yesterday,as it was made known by the locals that the arrested person was falsely arrested by the Police, in an attempt to close the case.
That community groups and the Locals said the following
- The witness was a drug addict and sleeps on the footpath.
- The witness recognized the arrested person by the colour of his jacket, as per the statement of the police to the people at the cross.
- Till late evening no finger prints were taken of the desecrated cross,the electric supply of the cctv camera was cut three days prior to the incident as per the locals.
- No FIR was filed by the Christians\catholics, but the Police is the complainant in the FIR.
- The mother of the arrested person submitted a letter in writing to the Police that her son was at home at the time of the incident and was unwell.
- The police did not take statements of the LIC security guards,who were on duty next to the cross.
- Judith Monteiro of AOCC and Agnelo Fernandes of MCYF along with the arrested persons mother and the locals visited Santacruz police station and verified the facts with the arrested person.
Coming to a conclusion that the arrested person was allegedly framed .AOCC Advocate Joseph Sodder appeared for the arrested person in Bandra court today and obtained bail for the accused
The locals as a mark of protest against the Police framing and falsely arresting the person, shut down the schools and college of the archdiocese in vile parle and a mass will be held today at the venue of the desecrated cross and no mass will be held in the church today evening.