In a Lighter Vein
Theme Being Thick Skinned
The following are the types of programmes planned , in keeping with the above theme:-
1) A special seminar for priests and religious:
How to survive criticism and bulldoze positive feed backs and suggestions?
2) A seminar for women: “To be soft skinned is a curse” –
A course to be conducted by the’ Womens Commission’.
3) A special Seminar for laity as part of the ‘Deepen your Skin‘ programme:
How to resign yourself to your fate when voicing your grievance to the hierarchy? ( including the Nuncio )
4) A special Official :
Pray for the Archbishop, as he is becoming “thick skinned” and that this quality may be further developed.
5) Two new Hymnals being prepared with the theme : “thick skinned” ”
prepared by the new liturgical team working under emeritus Bishop and will be added to the new Hymnal as a very special addendum.
A) The first is based on: Mt 5:20
For I tell you, unless the depth of your skin exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.
B)The second is based on: Lk. 5:37
And no one puts new wine into old THIN skins; if he does, the new wine will burst the skins and it will be spilled, and the skins will be destroyed.
6) Some members from the women’s commission through their virtual colleges may conduct a beauty course for “thickening the skin”
7) The social justice cell of the Archdiocese , after having worked for financial equality, social equality and gender equality is now planning to resolve the Skin in-equality.
8) A special corpus fund, under Bishop to handle skin deep issues in the archdiocese is planned. A receipt ill be issued as always.
9) As Chairman of the CCBI commission for Doctrine and theology, he, is planning to write a book on the subject: Skin them alive: a paradigm shift under his boss10) Finally, In keeping with the law of Moses, there could be a change in the last rites of the dying in ; for the new nature of the skin can be beneficial for the Archbishop and his priests: “The priest that offereth the victim of holocaust, shall have the skin thereof.” Lev 7:8
11) Thus the last rite may be an eco-friendly one :
Hide not but save your HIDE for the Church!